The Client Services Director – Corporate, will be a dynamic and experienced individual who is a team player and self-motivated.
The role will lead and be responsible for the governance, management and effective running of our newly created, dedicated Corporate Services team, ensuring alignment with Group strategy and adherence to all relevant legislation. Our typical corporate services clients are involved in commercial real estate, both redevelopment and acquisitions, litigation funding, and distressed businesses. These clients are extremely high quality and demanding and are highly appreciative of our quality of service.
Working closely with the Director – Private Wealth & Corporate you will grow and develop our corporate services business line and the client base. This will involve setting, agreeing, and delivering budgets and new business targets, as well as being actively involved in developing client and intermediary contacts and identifying and being alive to new areas of business. The post-holder will also collaborate with colleagues in other Group offices in delivering client service.
- Act as an ‘A’ signatory of PraxisIFM Trust Limited
- Oversee and manage a book of complex client relationships in accordance with procedures manuals; relevant laws, guidelines, regulations and codes of practice
- Ownership for the financial results and performance of the team ensuring that resource allocation, succession planning and business performance are aligned to achieve KPIs and deliver business strategy
- Lead and communicate the implementation of all change, including new processes and procedures
- Conduct Client Relationship meetings as appropriate to client base and in accordance with PraxisIFM KPIs and standards
- Monitor and review oversight data and address issues as necessary
- Create strong, profitable relationships based on mutual respect with clients and a detailed knowledge and understanding of the client’s affairs and encourage staff to do likewise
- Anticipate client needs and manage client expectations in terms of service delivery
- Anticipate potential issues when dealing with clients and recognise when to seek expert advice
- Regularly seek feedback from clients/intermediaries to assess and evaluate the quality of service
- Communicate and develop relationships with other Group offices as part of the overall client offering
- Assist the directors with contentious client issues, making decisions as appropriate
- Critically review financial/management reports to ensure they accurately reflect the activity/asset base
- Actively participate in the take on of new business
- Provide cover for Directors when required
The successful candidate will also play a key role in developing our corporate services, identifying and working with intermediaries to develop and grow our business. You’ll attend events and client and prospect meetings both on and off-island so some travel will be involved. You’ll be well informed on industry developments, be alive to changes in the market and consider impact potential opportunities arising from financial and economic developments globally.
With some responsibility for financial, corporate and risk management you will assist in setting and achieving budgets, review billing of clients and work within the regulatory regime together with PraxisIFM’s standards and policies.
Demonstrating great leadership and communication skills, you will inspire others, promoting teamwork and encouraging team spirit across our Group. You will also:
- Lead and manage the team to include recruitment, performance management and development, reward and remuneration and engagement and motivation
- Regularly attend meetings with other Directors, and managers, cascading information to the team regularly and actively inviting and receiving feedback.
- Lead the performance development process for the team, to include appraisals, objective setting, and development planning; recognising of good performance and addressing any underperformance. Be willing to share knowledge and experience, by supporting, advising and act as a coach and mentor for colleagues
- Act as an ambassador for the business by actively championing the company’s core values, raising the company’s profile and reputation, and gaining respect in the marketplace
- Encourage a positive approach to change
- Contribution to Group projects and leadership of local business projects as required
Skills and Knowledge
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of and a proven track record in corporate services and client
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal and regulatory framework operating in Jersey and other territories, including anti-money laundering provisions and relevant fiduciary laws etc
- Good understanding of financial markets and finances in general
- Ability to lead marketing and business development initiatives to include presenting and delivering new business pitches and other presentations confidently and professionally.
- Proven leadership skills and interpersonal skills for developing relationships with staff, intermediaries, and clients
- The ability to engage, inspire and manage team to drive high performance
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent critical analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to convey these to the team to drive high performance and efficiency
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to impart knowledge to others, liaising with clients, clients’ advisors, professional intermediaries, and all other potential sources of work.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- The post-holder should ideally be educated to degree level and hold a professional qualification that meets Category A status recognised by the Jersey Financial Services Commission with extensive experience at a senior level in corporate services and be responsible for taking an active role in their own continuing professional development.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact:
Emma SanfordSenior Human Resources Manager
- +44 1534 835820